- Received "Gunvant Medal" and Award Certificate for Ideal & Excellent Services in Cardiology from Award Committee of Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospital in 2007.
- Received A V Gandhi Award for Excellence in Cardiology in 2006 given by Jury of cardiologists of the country.
- The Government of Republic of Kenya, Foreign Minister has entitled Dr. Vijay Bang as "Goodwill Ambassador" between two countries India & Kenya for performing and training Cardiologist of Kenya for angioplasty in a letter written to Foreign Affairs Minister of India in 2006.
- Appointed Professor and Head of the Department of Cardiology, Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals. Mumbai.
- Appointed as Honorary Visiting Professor of Cardiology at Banaras Hindu University Medical College and Hospital. Varanasi (UP) in 2009
- Invited as Faculty to speak on various topics of Interventional cardiology in India, USA, France and Kenya.
- Elected President of Cardiological Society of India (Mumbai Chapter) year 1994 - 95.
- Elected two times Executive Board Member of National Cardiological Society of India in 2008-2009 and 2012-2013.
PROF DR VIJAY BANG has been elected as 74th President of the National Cardiological Society of India(CSI) he will be PRESIDENT-ELECT and CHAIRMAN of the scientific committee of the CSI annual conference 2022 and Dr. Vijay Bang will be PRESIDENT of The CSI in 2023, which the PLATINUM JUBLI YEAR of The CSI. The Cardiological Society of India is the most prestigious academic body of cardiologists in India having 5000+ cardiologists as members of the society. From Mumbai after a very long period of 22 years, Prof Dr. Vijay Bang got elected for this coveted crown.this is a proud moment for Mumbai City and particular cardiology fraternity...